Cellular Shades & Honeycomb Shades
Cellular shades are also popularly known as honeycomb shades and are a fantastic option for residential window coverings in Portland, OR. These are fabric shades made from fabric sheets that form air pockets, otherwise known as cells. These cells form the shapes of honeycombs and it’s the formation of these honeycombs or cells that creates a vacuum for trapping air. Consequently, they are extremely energy efficient making them a great option for residential window treatments. Furthermore, they tend to be more affordable than other popular window treatment options making them a great choice for those on a budget.
Cellular Shades Gallery
Available Upgrades for Your Honeycomb Shades
- Cord Loop
- Cordless Top Down-Bottom Up
- Motorized Shades
- Light Filtering
- Energy Efficiency
Can Cellular Shades Be Motorized?
Yes, cellular shades can be motorized! This is a great way to add a touch of convenience and luxury to your everyday life. Motorization can also increase your home’s energy efficiency and temperature neutrality by automatically lowering your shades at night or during peak sun. To learn more about how motorized cellular shades can upgrade your home, contact our team today!
Cellular Shade Features
Cellular shades are available in three popular cell designs with a variety of pleat sizes, colors and an array of distinctive fabrics that provide varying degrees of light control. Made of colorfast, non-woven polyester, cellular shades are simple to clean and extremely durable. The many honeycomb shade features include:
- Insulation: Three distinct cell sizes to choose from. They are generally single, double, and triple cell shades. Single cell shades provide one layer of insulation, double cell shades provide two layers and so forth making triple cell shades the option that offers the most insulation. The more insulation your shades provide, the lower your energy costs will be.
- Small Stack: When you choose to stack your blinds, the shades offer a relatively small stack so you are able to fully enjoy the view out of your window should you so choose.
- Flexible Design: Cellular shades can be custom made to fit any size window and are an extremely popular choice for very large or small windows that don’t work with standard sizes.
- Low Maintenance: Keeping honeycomb shades clean is easy when you regularly use a vacuum to keep them tidy.
- Light Control: The four light control options include translucent/sheer, light filtering, room darkening, and blackout. The latter two options are commonly installed in bedrooms and children’s rooms. Depending on the location of the shades, you will want to pay special consideration on which light control option works best for your needs.
Free In-Home Measuring
Free Financing Plans
Lifetime Service Warranties
30+ Years Design Expertise
Cellular Shade Color Options
*Available in lighter filtering and room darkening options as well